Most recent posts
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Summer term ideas
The summer term of Year 5 is an ideal time to carry out essential preparatory work so that you and your learners are ready to hit the ground running in September.
These practical steps and tools will help:
1. Identify pupils that need extra help and support
Students with the lowest marks are not necessarily the only ones who need extra help. A historical look at the pupils’ data across all areas will highlight pupils whose progress is below average. Identifying this will mean targeted action can be taken so these students don’t fall behind.
2. Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses
In order to raise attainment a personalised approach works best and this means looking at each child’s individual strengths and weaknesses. This can be approached by:
- Looking at the child’s achievement and progress across all subjects and topics
- Looking at marks as well as performance in the classroom
- Talking to other teachers who have taught the pupil for their input